Student and Graduate User Terms & Conditions
Gradintelligence is a website ("Site") which is owned, designed and operated by Olivedon Limited, a company registered in England. Company registration number: 6125090, Address: The Catalyst, Baird Lane, Heslington, York, YO10 5GA.
These are the terms and conditions (“the Terms”) which govern your use of our service. Please read them carefully.
By accessing the Site and/or by registering, you agree to be bound by the Terms and to follow them at all times.
We may revise the Terms at any time. You should review this page regularly as any revised Terms will be binding upon you.
If there are amendments or changes we consider to be of a major nature, you will be notified of these changes by email.
The primary purpose of the Site is to:
- Provide you with access to any Gradintelligence Institution services provided by your Institution; for example the Digital document service used to access your Higher Education Achievement Report or the Attainments service to support personal development.
- Build an online profile to describe your employability characteristics and employment and further study preferences.
- Establish contact between providers of work, work experience, volunteering and further study opportunities ("Client(s)") and opportunity seekers ("Student and graduate users", “you”).
If your Institution uses the Gradintelligence service to provide you with access to your digital documents, the service will provide you with:
- Read access to your latest digital documents
- Information on updates to your digital documents
- The ability to share your digital documents to allow third parties, which have been authorised by you, to view and verify your achievements
- Information on any additional Institution terms and conditions that apply
Our Organisation Clients can search and target you for any opportunities that match your work and further study preferences. If you are matched to an opportunity, your personal details are not revealed to the Organisation until you make an application for an opportunity that interests you.
On your behalf, we may also provide your university or college with information about any job you accept through our service to enable completion of their annual statistical returns to HESA and for analysis.
Your information and privacy
In addition to the personal data you enter into your Gradintelligence eProfile, if you are a student or graduate user of a partner Institution, updates to your achievement records and digital documents will be received automatically from the Institution. We will inform you when updated information is published.
You will have the option to take personality and ability tests in the Gradintelligence Assessment Centre. The results of the personality and ability tests will be disclosed to you and feedback given. The results of these tests are also used in the talent matching process by our Organisation Clients and for analysis by our Institution partners.
Price and payment
Registration and access to the Site is free of charge.
Access and restrictions
In order to access our service, you must complete our sign up process. We require that you provide us with a minimum level of information in order to benefit from our services. The information you provide creates your Gradintelligence eProfile and this will be used to match you to opportunity providers or opportunities that best suit you in accordance with your Preferences.
Please note that in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) provisions regulating the protection of children, Gradintelligence restricts service availability to users over 16 years of age. Any underage user is required to seek consent from a parent or guardian prior to signing up for our service.
If we detect unauthorised use of the system, we reserve the right to terminate any such account.
On account activation, you will create a username and password.
- You are responsible for the provision of accurate account activation details and must provide current, correct and reliable information.
- You must keep your username and password secure and not disclose them to anyone unconnected with your use of the service.
- You are responsible for any activities that occur with the use of your username and password.
- You will not do anything that would assist a non-registered user to gain access to any part of this Site.
You indemnify us from costs, expenses, claims, losses, liabilities or proceedings including legal costs made by any third party, arising out of your use of the Site and any violation of these terms or any other rules and guidance published by us.
Limitation of Liability
We are not an Employment Agency for the purposes of the Employment Act 1973 and act solely as a passive conductor for employment information and opportunities. To this end we do not verify or check, in any manner, the Client or opportunity details posted on this Site.
We do not accept any liability in respect of opportunity or Client credentials provided through the Site.
We reserve the right to forward details to the Police, Regulatory Authorities, legislative and judicial bodies, should your use of the Site breach any applicable law or regulations or be inconsistent with these Terms.
Intellectual Property Rights
The intellectual property rights belong to us or our partners and licensors. You are granted a licence to use our service but all other uses and applications are reserved.
We are the owner and/or authorised user of any trademarks, registered trademarks and service marks used or appearing within the Site, and we are the copyright and database rights owner and/or authorised user of the content and/or information available on or downloaded through the Site.
We do not grant any licence or other authorisation to any user of its trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, or other copyright works or other intellectual property, by placing them on the Site.
We will endeavour at all times to ensure that our service is accessible to you.
We will endeavour to inform you in advance of any planned maintenance activity that will affect your access.
We do not warrant that information on our Site is complete or that it is up to date, error free, free from viruses or other defects.
We do not provide warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to the correctness, reliability or accuracy of information supplied and the fitness of this Site and your use of it.
We are also not liable for any loss or damage caused by your use or misuse of the Site.
You acknowledge and agree that we may terminate and/or suspend your access to any portion of the service should you fail to comply with these terms or any other guidelines of use published on the Site. Any such termination or suspension shall be at our sole discretion and will be without prior notice or explanation. Your use of the Site will be terminated if any of the following conditions (non-exhaustive) are met:
- Use in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- Uploading or introducing unlawful material or material which in our opinion, is pornographic, obscene, offensive, abusive, defamatory, discriminatory (on grounds of race, sex, religion or religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, age, marital status, civil partnership status or otherwise), malicious or threatening.
- Deleting or revising any material posted by another person.
- Posting material that is copyrighted unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it; or posting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy of others.
- Use by any company, individual, partnership or body whom the Company believe to be in the same field of endeavour, either directly or indirectly.
- Multiple registration.
We reserve the right to monitor the Site and ensure that it is being used lawfully and in accordance with these Terms and to remove, without notice, any information supplied by you at our discretion and without explanation.
If we wish to terminate your access to the Site or provide Site information, including major changes to these Terms, we will do so by emailing you at the email address registered with us for correspondence purposes.
If you wish to terminate your registration you can unsubscribe by emailing the Site supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our Data Requests service.
A person who is not a party to this Agreement may not enforce any of its terms under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
If any dispute arises out of these terms we will both attempt to settle it by mediation in accordance with the Centre for Dispute Resolution (CEDR) Model Mediation Procedure (see www.cedr.co.uk). If we fail to agree terms of settlement within 42 days from the start of the first meeting, held under such procedure, the dispute may be referred to litigation by either party.
These conditions are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.